Fresh off the back of our 6th Dynamic Planner Annual Conference, we have released the February changes to Dynamic Planner. This release sees some important changes to Dynamic Planner’s risk profiling process, along with more improvements to our reports.
Risk profiling enhancements
We have made a number of improvements to the risk profiling process. Firstly, we are excited to reveal our new psychometric Attitude to Risk questionnaire. Following feedback from Dynamic Planner users, work began in close conjunction with leading academics from the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Centre at Henley Business School to develop the new questionnaire. It is a great enhancement from our previous questionnaires:
- It encapsulates new developments in psychometric testing theory
- It enhances the readability of questions, providing a questionnaire which is even easier for clients to understand
- It reduces the number of questions relating to specific investment choices, or which can be perceived as a test of financial knowledge, as opposed to pure attitude to risk
In addition, we have also updated the wording of our Investor Experience and Capacity questionnaires, making them more readable and usable. The risk profile descriptions have also been revised and approved by the Plain English Campaign.
All the changes are now live in Dynamic Planner, so sign in now to see them. The changes have been applied to all aspects of Dynamic Planner, including AccessAdvice, our iOS app and Risk Profile Invites.
If you would like more information about the risk profiling process changes, please get in touch with Client Success who will be happy to help.
Continuing our rolling series of improvements to the reports, we have made a number of changes to the fact find report generated by Dynamic Planner. If you are not familiar with it, this report can be very useful – it gives you a full listing of the factual information you have entered about a client into Dynamic Planner. This can be great as part of your audit trail at the end of a case, or as the starting point for finding out any key changes since the last review. Along with the report changes we have made in the past few releases, with the fact find report we have:
- De-emphasised Dynamic Planner branding and colours, allowing you to easily style reports for your own company
- Ensured a consistent font throughout
- Updated wording and removal of unnecessary duplication of content
- Improved the display of tables
- Improved the spacing of content
You can download the new fact find report from the ‘Reports & letters’ screen in either the client record or a case. As always, we are keen for feedback. You can email the product team or use the Knowledge Base in Dynamic Planner for any suggestions.
Product Manager, Dynamic Planner